- This event has passed.
Adopt A Shelter Dog Month
October 1, 2016
October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month! Check out dogs available for adoption. If you can’t adopt? Here are some easy ways you can still help:
1. Donate your Facebook status. Just paste this message into the “What’s on your mind?” box at the top of your page: “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog!
2. Tweet, retweet and repeat the following (or your own brilliant message): “October is Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month. Save a life: Adopt a dog!
3. Contact your local shelter or rescue group and ask if they have a donation wish list or other flyer they’d like to you to post around your office or neighborhood.
4. Donate to your local shelter or rescue group or to the Petfinder.com Foundation in honor of Adopt-A-Shelter-Dog Month.
5. Pass on an understanding of the importance of pet adoption and spaying/neutering to the next generation. Talk to your kids, nieces, nephews, grandchildren and other up-and-comers about animal shelters and pets care in general, is important.