Since 1889, the mission of the Siouxland Humane Society has been to provide services and programs that promote the humane treatment of animals in the Siouxland area. It is a unique mission since our organization is the only private, nonprofit agency in Siouxland dedicated to animal welfare. Our services and programs benefit hundreds of thousands of animals and people in the Siouxland area each year.
We receive no funds from the city, state or federal government, the American Humane Association, the Humane Society of the United States, or the United Way.
Donations are a primary source of our funds. The SHS is classified as a 501(c) 3 organization for tax purposes, so all donations are tax deductible to the full extent of the law. Private donations from people like you are what keep the Shelter open!
If you would like to make a donation to help the thousands of homeless animals we receive each year, there are numerous ways:
- Donate money:
Click the Donate Button to process your payment online.
Or fill out and print our Donation Form and mail it with your tax-deductible contribution.
- There are numerous everyday items of which we can never have enough. The following are some of our "wish list" requests:
Dryer softener sheets
Liquid dish soap
Sanitizing hand soap
Ping pong balls
Cardboard pop/beer flats
Carnation evaporated milk Vitamin D added
Clean gently used towels
Gift cards to WalMart, Staples, Menards, etc.
- You can donate your appreciated securities or mutual funds to the SHS.
- Join our "Best Friends" Volunteer Program and volunteer your time and talent. Volunteer time to walk the dogs, play with the cats, man an outreach program, help with fundraising, take a pet to visit a nursing home or serve in any of our other volunteer areas.
- Find out if we could use any of the services or products from your company.
- Some companies have Matching Gifts programs, check to see if your employer might match your contributions to the SHS.
- Include us in your will. Request that gifts of condolence be made to the SHS in lieu of flowers.
The above is certainly not a complete list. If you can think of other ways to help us, we would love your assistance!