Why Should You Adopt? There are countless reasons why adopting a pet from a shelter vs. purchasing a pet from another source is better for you and the overall pet population. Below you’ll find a few of our top reasons:
1. You will save a life.
2. You will get a healthy, vet-checked pet.
3. You will save money.
4. You will feel better.
5. You won’t be supporting puppy mills or pet stores.
6. Depending on background, shelter pets may already be trained and know basic commands.
7. You will receive on-going assistance as needed from the shelter.
8. The pet you get will be behavior assessed.
Bringing a new pet into your life is a big decision, and our dream is for all pets to find the loving homes they deserve. With that statement in mind, we also understand that for many people, adopting a pet is not high on their list when compared to some of the other options. If you are on the fence, we encourage you to visit our Shelter or view our Adoption page to see all we have to offer.