To provide services and programs that promote the humane treatment of animals in the Siouxland area.
The Siouxland Humane Society (SHS) is Siouxland’s only open admission full service Shelter, caring for thousands of pets each year. SHS takes great pride in finding forever homes for one-hundred-percent of the adoptable pets. Along with the homeless pets cared for each year, the SHS also serves the people of Siouxland through its many programs and services, some of which include adoption/surrender, spay/neuter assistance, humane education, veterinary/food/sheltering assistance, cruelty/neglect investigation and so much more.
BUILDING ON OUR PROUD PAST
Our current state of the art Shelter was completed in 1999, a dramatic change since its’ founding in 1889 when the members sheltered pets in their homes. The most obvious growth has been the ever-expanding programs and services that are offered. Through our proactive humane education and expanded spay/neuter assistance programs, we have begun to see the number of pets we care for begin to decrease, but our work is far from over.
- The Siouxland Humane Society is a nonprofit organization dependent on donations from people like you to keep the Shelter open.
- The SHS receives no city, state or federal dollars, no United Way funds or financial support from national humane organizations.
- The SHS takes seriously the investments of its donors and supporters for the care of the pets.
- The SHS, is governed by a volunteer board of directors, adheres to standard accounting practices; conducts an annual independent audit; and carefully and frugally manages its resources in order to care for as many pets as possible for decades to come.
- The SHS has cared for Siouxland’s homeless pets since 1889.
- The SHS is a 501c3 nonprofit organization.
Learn more about how to make a donation to the SHS today!